History and Mission
Entrepreneurship is the cornerstone of the free enterprise system. We have found that more than 500 million adults were engaged in some form of entrepreneurial activity around the world each year. Good entrepreneurial management is therefore vitally important to the economic health not only of American businesses, but also of businesses in the rest of the world. Because of its importance, entrepreneurial management should be thoroughly understood, but this is easier said than done.
The field is relatively complex, and it is undergoing constant change in response to shifts in economic conditions. In addition, there is a substantial body of knowledge, concepts, and tools that entrepreneurs need to know in order to launch and grow a company successfully.
All of this makes entrepreneurship stimulating and exciting but also challenging and sometimes discouraging.
GCASE – Global Community for Advancing Studies on Entrepreneurship We research, organize, and share valuable knowledge in an “open-source” format that advances the studies on entrepreneurship, and bridges the gap between theory and practice. Non-profit and educational organizations around the world are encouraged to leverage our ideas, our information, and our online support to advance and support entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurs embody the true dream and passion for living. Powered with ideas, they are the engines to economic growth. Entrepreneurship is the vehicle for creating new jobs, generating revenue, advancing innovation, enhancing productivity, and improving business models and processes.
Despite the challenges, entrepreneurship has never before been more vital to our global economy than it is today. It is our best offense for economic progress and our finest defense against the status quo. Promoting entrepreneurship is in everyone’s best interest.
We help anyone who stands to benefit and/or profit from the confluence of entrepreneurial activities.
- Educators, scientists, and technology transfer specialists from academic and research institutions
- Founders and entrepreneurial leaders of startups, nonprofits, and fast growing ventures
- Corporate executives leading new business development, research and development programs, and new product innovation
- Venture capitalists, investment bankers, and angel investors
- Professional service providers from consulting, law, accounting, and financial firms
Global Entrepreneur seeks out and conducts new and innovative business activities across national borders. These activities may consist of exporting, licensing, opening a new sales office, or acquiring another venture.
GCASE Fellow has a record of independent research accomplishments that demonstrate creativity, initiative, and the potential to become leaders in the global community through their contributions to entrepreneurship.
We support educational activities including: advancing knowledge through research, and disseminating knowledge by means of the internet, researching and writing books, producing newsletters, editorials, monographs, seminars, lectures, conferences and the like.
- Publishing educational books, textbooks, newsletters, articles, white papers and other public interest materials to increase awareness and understanding of entrepreneurship
- Serving hundreds of educational institutions, thousands of students studying entrepreneurship, and potentially impacting millions around the world
- Developing and leading formal instructional and other educational alliances with our Community Partners and Business Supporters
- Providing online educational programs and other advisory services to the general public worldwide as an educational service
- Producing and leading public discussion groups, forums, panels, guest lectures, radio programs, and other educational workshops
Founded in 1996 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization Created first University-based “bootcamp” for entrepreneurs. Partnered with McGraw-Hill Higher Education to produce entrepreneurship textbooks and curricula.
Our Mission is to spread wealth creation around the world by encouraging entrepreneurship and sharing knowledge to those who support and educate entrepreneurs. We put “global” in global entrepreneurship.
Our Mission Statement
Learn Local > Share Global: We believe that entrepreneurship is the link between inventors, innovation, and economic growth.
Our Vision is to empower entrepreneurs with a roadmap and support that guides them through the transition from start-ups, to micro-enterprises, and on to small and medium-sized businesses that create jobs, lead innovation, and increase economic development in their local communities.
Supporting Entrepreneurial Capitalism and Wealth Creation Around the World
entrepreneurial capitalism: private capital, investing in private start-ups, with potential for a viable harvest
Our Value Line
Dream It! Plan It! Do It!
We are the Trusted Source For Educating and Supporting over 500,000 Entrepreneurs in 195 Countries
- We are an “open-source” community and therefore organizations around the world are free to use our ideas, our information, and our online support to advance entrepreneurship.
- Our work has been cited in key papers, articles, and numerous research studies around the world.
- Our Web site is recognized as one of the best resources on the Internet for entrepreneurs, academia, and researchers around the world.
- Our books and course materials are used in the Top 10 best graduate programs in the USA that teach entrepreneurship, and 8 of the Top 10 best undergraduate programs in the USA that teach entrepreneurship.
- We facilitate introductions to investors, professional service providers, and other entrepreneurs. Using our exclusive “Roadmap to Entrepreneurial Success” we have helped entrepreneurs raise over $100 million.
We Take No Equity or Ownership In Your Company or Ideas
We are a non-profit organization and we take no equity. Our members receive educational resources and support to work on their start-ups for zero cost. Any new business ventures, any new products developed, or any other work product done through our Global Entrepreneurship Program belongs completely to the creators. We do not take ownership of any intellectual property created by our members, nor does our supporters. We are focused on the global good what good entrepreneurs can create. We encourage donations from the entrepreneurs we have helped, and we appreciate any additional community support. With this said, we are very selective with the entrepreneurs we choose.